For questions and business inquiries, contact us at info@polarhoneybears.com

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Gossip on Immediate Struggles - I Don't Wanna Lose My Dog!

Sssshhhh... Do you like gossip??


No? Well, actually, neither do I.

Oh, you do? Uhm... well... Okay, so this is just a short novel. A real life one, I guess. I wouldn't really say that this is a gossip - it's just a little peak into my life's reality. As I've said before, nothing is really glamorous as it seems - and even the sweetest moments have their heart piercing seconds.

It all started in the city of Oshkosh, where Honey Bear (me) have recently moved from the Philippines. Everything was amazing - the people were kind and nice, the place was not too crowded and just perfect for a simple and quiet life.

Until one day... we got a dog. And it changed everything.


If you've been my follower on Facebook or Instagram, you've probably heard of our Big Puppy Hansy Pansy. I'm yet to write an introduction to our baby but just for a background - Hans was adopted from New PAWsibilities, a shelter for rescue dogs. This took place just a week after I arrived - so that I won't be lonely and to finally fulfill one of my lifelong dreams - to adopt a rescue dog.



Things were going great - Hans was only three months old that time, we were training him and he was a really good and sweet puppy.

Until one day, the downstairs tenant started complaining about us getting a dog. It was really sad, since we were allowed to have a pet and they started accusing us of crazy things. For one - she said that Hans was a vicious dog, and many others - that I cannot just fathom why!

It hurt me so much because of two things:

Hans was a playful 3-month old puppy. I don't know how a little puppy can be deemed vicious.
She never met Hans, actually

It was a total shocker - because all of a sudden, our landlord talked to us about it while the downstairs tenant was threatening to call the cops on us. There's supposedly nothing to be scared of because what will a baby puppy do, right? But I've heard of horror stories and pets being taken away for unproven accusations. I was horrified. 

It was one of the reasons why I was actually offline for quite a long time.

Just when we did our best to keep to low profile, the downstairs tenant kept doing things to get us in trouble. They kept throwing empty cans and other items on the lawn, complain that the puppy was noisy when we aren't even home and Hans was with us, and finally knock on our doors to scream at me and my husband, call us names, and start going crazy.

I've never really ever had to deal with someone like this - this is just plain horrible.

Now, now - these are my sentiments. Of course it would sound like a one-sided story. The problem is, whatever her problem was is not our business. We were told that she was going through some tough time, but it was unfair. It's not right to lash out on other people and try to bring them down just because she was going through some ordeal.

Most of us go through many challenges. We are now going through some problems. But it won't be right if I go attacking our neighbor because they seem to be doing better than us.

Finally, the landlord decided that she didn't want to deal with these things and made it final that she would sell the house. We are moving any time soon.

The downstairs tenant also left by the end of December. But we are not faced with the bigger challenge - WE HAVE TO MOVE.

We are currently having a nice deal in this house. It's very cheap, close to stores and pet friendly. Now we're faced with a huge problem - finding a pet friendly home that will allow a 40 lbs. dog, yet affordable.

Yes, that's the problem - affordability. No, I don't want to lose my puppy.

Alex Bear and I are like most starting newly-weds. We're still in the process of being completely financially stable, and I'm still waiting for my work permit so that I can apply for jobs. With this being said, it simply means that until I get my work permit or green card, our financial status is just enough to support us.

Nope, we can't really travel around or rent just any house.

This also means that choosing cheap houses means no pets allowed. Or only 20 lbs. ones.

This is what devastates me more.

Hans is my life. He's my everything.

It's really sad. We're not giving him up. I just wish that we have more time so that I can get a job, help out, and just rent any house that will allow him there.

Even before I can make an introduction about our dog, here I am now crying my lungs out because we're in that dreaded situation where we might need to give him away. I don't want that. I never want to do that. Unfortunately, things here are different and we can't just go somewhere and bring the dog.

It's not really my option. It will never be.

We're doing our best to find a place to keep Hans. I just can't believe that all these happened simply because someone doesn't care about other people and loved making false accusations. It was really sad because apparently, we're not her first victims.

I love Hans. I love living life.

I know we will make it, we just need to hold on. And for now - I just don't want to lose my big puppy.

xoxo
~ Honey Bear ~
Contact : info@polarhoneybears.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us some love :3