For questions and business inquiries, contact us at info@polarhoneybears.com

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Touchdown : The Arrival

Touchdown.

The Honey Bear has landed.

On October 2, 2015 I arrived at the O'Hare International Airport at around 3pm. This was it!! I was finally going to see my Polar Bear. I would get to hug, touch and kiss him. This was it, finally!!


When I got off the plane, the first thing that I tried to do was contact Alex Bear, but my phone wouldn't connect to the airport internet and for some reason, my phone that was on roaming wouldn't connect to their telecom services either.

Okay, that was total desperation!!

Yeah, I have to admit, I was really scared. So many things popped in my head - what if I don't see him? What if he's waiting elsewhere? What if he gets so worried? I'm generally a very carefree person - but when it comes to my Bear, I worry a lot. Ah, this reminds me of my mom. Now I understand when she worries about me. I used to think that it was exaggerated but I guess I now realize what's it's like. Or maybe I'm just getting old? NOOOOO!!

Anyways, after going through immigration, I hired porter services to assist me because I had three huge luggage bags (yes, the biggest ones allowed which btw were overweight - well, I knew about that), a big box (extra luggage - the amazing balikbayan box! perfect for moving), my camera bag, my backpack, and my purse. Hey no judging, I was moving across the globe LOL!

When I was finally outside the busy area, I think it's the waiting area, I scanned around but I didn't find Alex Bear or his dad anywhere. I was starting to get nervous, but just like most of my trips, I kept calm and looked for a phone booth. I finally saw one across the place and walked towards it.

While I was getting my credit card, someone poked my shoulders.

OMG! My BEAR!!!

Source : www.kimigoesplaces.com
I cried. Many cry. Such cry. Wow.

From Chicago, we met up with one of my cousins who live here, Ronna. We met at the Oasis somewhere down the highway. It was great to see family as soon as I arrived. I also gave her a scrapbook that my other cousin, Gigi, made for them - with their dad's old pictures before he passed. It just feels good to connect with them. I have many relatives around Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan - which makes the homesickness much lesser. 

Unfortunately we forgot to take selfie!!

Moving along, we went to pick up a few stuff from Walmart such as basic needs... although I did pack some of my fave Philippine stuff! First thing I noticed is that things here are very much similar back home in the Philippines - except for the price I guess. Well, some prices.

Alex Polar Bear wondering why I'm taking photos in Walmart

Dad (his dad, whom I also call the same ^_^) also took brought us to Arby's. It's a fast food chain that offer subs (sandwiches). I chose the steak sandwich and LO AND BEHOLD A HUGE SANDWICH!!!!


Yes, much amaze!

I was too amazed to take a photo I guess, so I'm trying to remember if I even took one. Alright, I've eaten a lot back home - but rarely do I find a restaurant or fast food that will serve this much unless it's for sharing. Of course there are some places like Zark's Burgers or Subway, but I mean c'mon - we don't usually get a 5-inch wide and 4-inch thick sandwich, right?

Overwhelmed as I was.... I had to eat only half. Don't worry folks, by this time I have adapted and can eat 3/4 of it or maybe the whole thing plus some cheese curds.

Dad also dropped by his work and introduced me to his manager... on Day 1!

Later that evening, we were finally home. The drive from Chicago to Oshkosh was quite long but it was also fun. Ahh and by this time I sure was I tired! And finally, this was the first I've slept wrapped in his arms in a very long time...



Settling Down

Getting used to everything here - the life, the people, and whatever else that surrounds me - it takes time. It took time. It is taking time. That's the reason I haven't blogged for so long. There are so many other things and I will be sharing my experiences and advises with you loves!

I'm just really happy to be finally here with my Bear ^_^


And yes, the cold!! Well, when I first arrived the first thing that happened was that I felt so chilled! They were wearing shirts when dad and Alex Bear met me at the airport! Uhm, it was around 68°Fahrenheit.


MUST. REMAIN. WARM.

Well, that was just for the first three weeks.

I'm pretty much adjusted to the cold now, although my body is still trying to cope up. 68°F is now relatively warm. I can't believe I'd say it myself but now there are times that even he is complaining that the house is too cold. Yes, there are times.

Well, now that I'm here I'm just doing my online thing - 


...and cook, yes of course!

Haha!

I know it's one thing that he missed the most, and I guess it's true that it's the way to a man's heart

xoxo
~ Honey Bear ~
Contact : kimistarrphotography@gmail.com | Travel Blog : Kimi Goes Places | Official : KimiStarr.Net | Starr&Sparkle Shoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us some love :3