For questions and business inquiries, contact us at info@polarhoneybears.com

Friday, February 6, 2015

Spring to Love

Note: OMG I'm so happy, I just set up our official home page and yesh, PolarHoneyBears.com is now live!! Much much happy :3 Uhm, well yeah just saying ♥

A few years ago, a friend of mine told me about this site called Formspring. He was following his favorite actress there and he said that we can ask anything and everything to anyone. Not really intending to be active or anything, I signed up for an account and literally forgot about it.

Several months ago, I was in the process of finding myself. To cut it short, it was during the time that I quit my job and was either doing household chores or somewhere out there traveling. Out of nowhere I decided to check out my Formspring account.

Oh, and it's now called Spring.Me.


So there I was, staring at the random questions from random people. Apparently it's not just for actors or singers, but it was more of a dynamic space to talk about anything.



For a brief moment I began asking questions for everyone interested to answer, from "what's your hobby?" to "do you think [certain group of men] are assholes?" And from my curiosity sparked a lot of new online friends and long late-night chats. There were sensible stuff, then there were simply crazy and fun questions.

Plagued by heartache, I usually asked about why men were not trustworthy. I tried to see why they want to have sex with everyone. I was there, with all honesty, asking questions in a bit of anonymity.

One member's answer was different from the rest. He was fun, mischievous at times but he had principles and respect for women. I remember asking one of my friends if there were any men left like him, he was loyal and well-mannered. I thought his girlfriend was just really lucky, and that I wasn't meant for anyone close to such. But then, hey here was this guy.


And so we became friends, spent a great deal of time chatting and finally he dropped the line I feared! Well, at that time.

In a voice message on Wechat he asked, "Kimi, will you be my girlfriend?"

NO. I cannot be! I cannot be anyone's girl. I'm... evil. Or so I perceived. I panicked at that very moment. I have no idea what to do! I was torn, broken and confused - and there I was with a good man asking me to be his girl.

Maybe. Maybe yes? 

"I need time, please?" were the words that came out of my mouth. I don't wanna prolong the wait, but to answer out of impulse might cause me my first regret - as I don't regret anything at all.

Nothing changed though, between Alex and me. He was still amazing and persistent. He proved himself and never disappeared. Amazing. I don't really like the idea of making someone wait for me. In contrary to Philippine tradition, I don't like the logic of ligaw or courting. If we want each other, let's date. Either way we'd break up anyways if we're not meant to be. This time around, I just really needed to think about it.

By the end of June 2014, I was talking to Alex and promised him that I will share him a secret on the fourth of July.

Exactly at 12am (Central Time), I sent him a video that I recorded.

"YES! I agree to be your girlfriend :3"
*much blush, dies... kyaaaa much shy!*

This was just the beginning of our life-long story!


xoxo
~ Honey Bear ~
Contact : kimistarr@photographer.net | Travel Blog : Kimi Goes Places | Official : KimiStarr.Net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us some love :3