For questions and business inquiries, contact us at info@polarhoneybears.com

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The New Online NBI Application Process

Hello lovelies!
Have you ever applied for an NBI Clearance before? If you have, bet you still remember the long lines, annoying cut-offs and the need to return if your name has a hit. And now you've probably heard of the online application. Well, here's a quick overview of the process to make it much easier and to set your expectations.

US Visa Requirement

The NBI Clearance is useful for many applications. This is also a must for the US Visa and will be presented upon the interview. This basically verifies that you do not (or do) have past criminal records or convictions. Note that this does not include civil cases. If you were previously involved in a civil lawsuit or currently in one - it will not be in your NBI Clearance.

The Online Process

To save time and avoid long lines, here's an overview of the steps to take in order to obtain your record.




Go to http://clearance.nbi.gov.ph to input your data. You will be directed to this landing page and you'll have the option to sign in or to register. 
If you're a returning user or have applied online before, take note of your password.
As of today, the retrieve password link is not working. You can enter your email but it will not send a request so better save the information where you can easily find it to avoid the hassle of re-registering.


Enter your information as requested above. This is found on the right-hand side of the landing page. Don't worry if you make any errors at this point.
Tick the box where you agree to their terms and conditions, then choose "Accept" then click sign up.
You will then be directed to the Personal Information Page. This is the point where you have to make sure that all details are correct.
Tip: It will ask for your parents' birthplace. Just write "Unknown" if you're not sure of the answer.
Fill up all the requested information and click "Save Information".
You will be directed to this page after finishing all details. You can review it again and edit if you have to.



Click the "Apply for Clearance" option at the top right-hand side to schedule an appointment.
You can now choose the branch where you wish to pick up your form. All branches are listed on the drop down list. Choose the one which is most convenient for you.
In my sample I chose Robinson's Imus Branch.


Upon choosing your branch, you will be given an option of the available slots when you can pick up  your clearance. The branches are usually open up to 7PM but times may vary and some may indicate cut-offs as early as 4PM depending on the volume of applicants.
Tip: Come earlier than 10am for AM appointments, and around 3pm for PM appointments.

Choose your payment option.
There are four payment modes and below are their respective descriptions.


Once you've chosen your payment mode, you will be given instructions on how to proceed with the payment.
You will be given a transaction number and the accomplished application form right after the process.
Tip: Save your transaction information and application form as PDF file. Or you can even print screen it, just to keep your own record. You will need this as future reference. In my case I saved and printed it to bring to the LBC Bayad Center.


This is the actual application form that I have. 
Yes, the others where I indicated that my name was Kimi Honey Bear were made solely for sample purposes.


Check the status on the Transaction Page which can be accessed on the left-hand navigation bar of the site.
It will indicate if it is paid or unpaid. Note that there is a deadline in making payments so make sure that you don't forget it. Otherwise you will have to re-do the whole process.

Once paid, the transaction information will appear like this:

The Pick-Up Process

Come to your designated branch on the appointment date.
Make sure that you bring at least two valid IDs and the payment slip.
Print the application form and bring it too!
I've heard of people complaining that they were not instructed to bring the form - but what good is a form if you will not submit it 
Approach any personnel to assist you. There will certainly be other applicants who are waiting for their turn so the NBI staff will give you a designated number.
The people at Robinson's Imus are very helpful! They even told me it may take an hour so I have time to have some meryenda.


So I had some selfie time!
On my return I was then instructed to on in line. Yep, stay on the seats and move to the next. The space is quite small, perhaps because the process is now quick so there is no need to cram many people in one area.


It took about 15 to 20 minutes from the time I was waiting in line upon reaching my turn.
If I didn't have meryenda, I would've been done LOL

The process was very simple and streamlined.

Give your application form to the staff.
Take a seat for picture taking... smile!
Have your fingerprint biometrics taken. Yay!! no more dirty ink that will sip in under your nails. Everything is now electronic finally!
Proceed to the payment area. Walk-in applicants pay in cash while online applicants just present their payment slips from the bank or bayad center.


Wait about two to three minutes!


Clearance released!


FAQs

Here are some usually asked concerns that I found online, in forums and other people.

What will I do if I have a hit?
If your name has a "hit" or if there is someone with the same name or information as you, you will have to return. They have provided information as follows. I'm not sure if this will vary from one branch to another:


What if I miss my schedule?
Don't panic yet!! ^_^ You can always come at a later date if you miss your actual schedule. However your application has a validity so don't come an later than that. In my sample, if you will look up it indicated that it's valid until June 9th. Had I come any later I will have to redo the whole process and make new payments.

What if there was wrong information on my clearance?
You have the chance to review your form prior printing and you will be asked to check on their PC monitor if the form they entered is correct. If you weren't asked to verify your information while all the details on your application form is accurate, they you can demand reprinting for free. However if you failed to check the errors on your end, then you will pay again.

How much is the payment for reprinting?
I'm not sure, I didn't ask. Just get the same amount as your initial payment ready just in case.

Why is your NBI Clearance 140php and mine is cheaper/more expensive?
Each form differs in price, depending on use. NBI form for employment and travel abroad is usual this amount. Upon your application, you will choose your purpose and if you're keen to notice some are around 415php while some are less.

It said that the clearance for Travel Abroad is only 115php! Why am I paying 140php?
This includes the documentary stamp of 25php.

They asked me to pay 5php when they printed my form. Why?
Yeah, they asked me too... to be honest, I don't know why.

Oh no I didn't get to save my application form!!!!
Calm down, lovely! You can access your application form when you click on Transactions then click Print under the "Actions" column just after the reference number. You can choose to print your payment details or click Print Application Form instead.

They said it was faster, why am I waiting in line?
They said it was faster, they didn't say there won't be a line.

Do you have other info to share?
Everything I indicated here is based on my experience so as of the moment, nope. However, I've also found this useful site - www.nbiclearance.com



There are still a lot of improvements to make, especially online! Their retrieve password option is not properly working and unfortunately email inquiries are not answered. Let's hope all gets better in the following months to come.

Overall I would say my experience in this branch was great. I really can't say about the other branches since I have only done it once in Imus, Cavite. I've also read some negative remarks about them in other discussions but I suppose it's a case-to-case basis, and it's also subjective depending on a person's patience (and err.. common sense).

NOTE : The information indicate on this entry was updated on June 10th 2015. The process may change in the future and the site may get updated from time to time.

I hope these tips are able to help with your application for the NBI Clearance.
Good luck! 


xoxo
~ Honey Bear ~
Contact : kimistarr@photographer.net | Travel Blog : Kimi Goes Places | Official : KimiStarr.Net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us some love :3